- Fell in love with her first guitar at age 14 an old hand-me-down that had action so high it sounded like a sitar. Always interested in harmonies and how musical pieces fit together, she could be found taping into several boom boxes and creating her first musical "arrangements".
- Founded the contemporary folk/rock band, The Rooms, in 1997. The Rooms performed a combination of originals and a variety of covers, including songs by the Indigo Girls, The Story, and Shemekia Copeland. Comprised of a group of experienced musicians, The Rooms' performances featured a wide range of musical influences, clear harmonies, and exciting polished deliveries.
- Interviewed on WMUA's "Upfront" by Daria Fisk in December 2002 and some of her original songs received airtime.
- Released the solo CD Maitri, in January 2002, which she produced, recorded and mixed in her studio. Accompanied by Eric Guerke on electric and acoustic lead guitar, Susan played all other instruments, including guitars, bass, drum machine, harmonica, synthesizer and small percussion. She also sang all of the vocals. An inspired and creative songwriter, she wrote and arranged all but one of the songs.
- Fused together her music and educator skills and recorded her first children's CD at Valley Play School in Shelburne Falls, MA in 2003. Besides being able to participate in their child;s day by listening to, talking about, and singing along with the CD, parents (and children, too) were provided with a wonderful keepsake of early, treasured memories.
- Founded SteppingStone Recording Studio in 2004. Using a digital multitrack recorder and wide dynamic range Rode microphones she produced quality recordings for various schools and playgroups, including The Clark School for the Deaf, and The Parent/Child Development Center.
- Opened for Patty Larkin at Coffee & Soul, Greenfield, MA, in March 2005. She performed original
songs from her CD Maitri, accompanied by percussionist Ellen Clegg (Found Sounds) and multi-instrumentalist
Adam Bergeron on bass guitar.
- Completed Music Together workshops entitled "Introducing Music Together:
How Children Grow Musically and How You Can Help" and "Teaching Music Together:
Understanding and Enhancing the Young Child's Music Development", in May 2005. She then
completed a three-month internship with Music Together for Valley Families in July 2005.
- Produced and recorded the CD "A Mother's Open Heart" in May 2006. She wrote,
arranged, and performed all songs from the poetry written by parents at the Greenfield Even Start
Family Literacy Program. All proceeds are donated to this program.
- Was featured in The Recorder, front-page article entitled "A Believer in the Joy and Power of Music"by Diane Broncaccio (Recorder Staff) in Aug. 2006.
- Taught Movement & Music certificate workshop for Child Care Outlook in Nov. 2006. This lively participatory workshop was for Providers, Parents and Teachers of young children. Its focus was on the benefits of music in children's lives. Participants explored how music helps build community, expresses emotion, supports pre-reading, pre-math and spatial relationship skills, and enhances body awareness and joy!